Taking your child to the doctor does not have to be limited to treating colds, flus and other illnesses. Although Naturopathic Doctors can provide treatment for such concerns, we also focus on prevention and wellness. Through regular well-baby/child check-ups we continuously assess physical and developmental health (physical, mental and emotional) and help maintain optimal wellness for your child. In addition, these visits allow us to take the time to get to know your family and address questions and/or concerns about parenting and your child’s health.
We recommend regular well-baby/child check ups every 2-3 months in the first year of life, every 6 months between 1-3 years old and yearly after the age of 3.
Visits may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Complete physical exams
- Assessment of developmental milestones
- Immune support guidance
- Cold and flu prevention
- Allergy & asthma prevention
- Education about fevers, ear infections & childhood illnesses
- Vaccination education and support
- Nutritional/dietary guidance—including breast feeding support and education about introducing solid foods
- Treatment of digestive concerns and skin conditions
- Food sensitivity and environmental allergy assessments (over the age of 2)
- Support for children with various developmental and behavioural disorders including autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety disorders, learning disabilities, cerebral palsy
- Education about reducing environmental toxicity in the home
- Sleep and sleep hygiene counselling